Portuguese Roasted Chicken with Vegetables Recipe
Posted in: Chicken RecipesWed, Dec 20, 2017
4 out of 5 with 65 ratings
Views: 58090 - Comments 2
2 carrots, sliced½ green pepper, sliced into small pieces1 medium onion, chopped2 garlic cloves, mincedCherry tomatoes (to taste)Small new potatoes (to taste)1 chicken, split in 8 pieces1 bay leafRed hot pepper sauce (to taste)½ cup of white wine½ cup of waterOlive oil and salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Season the chicken pieces with the garlic, bay leaf, salt, pepper sauce and set aside.
- In a tray, add some olive oil to the bottom of it and add the vegetables on top.
- Season with a little salt and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Over the vegetables, place the chicken and drizzle a little more olive oil.
- Pour the ½ glass of wine and the ½ glass of water over it.
- Let it cook and from time to time turn the chicken so it cooks on both sides.
- When the chicken starts gaining color, add the potatoes.
- It should take about 50 minutes to cook the chicken.
Recipe & Photo Credit: SofiaG, saborintenso.com
Eva Sousa - 2 Years ago
what's Chili pepper paste ?
[reply] (+1) (-0)
Hi Eva, sorry, it is supposed to be Portuguese hot red pepper sauce (pimenta moida), I have updated the recipe.
2 Years ago (+0) (-0)