This Portuguese roasted octopus with potatoes recipe (receita de polvo assado com batatas) is very easy to make and it tastes amazing.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 medium octopus1 kg of potatoes4 garlic cloves3/4 cup of olive oil1 tablespoon of chopped parsleySalt and pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Clean and cook the octopus in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and cook the potatoes with the skin.
- After, drain the water, remove the skin and cut them in half.
- Peel the garlic and chop it.
- Cut the octopus into pieces and place it in a baking dish.
- Add the potatoes and the garlic, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake at 180ºC of 350ºF for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
In this video we go on an EPIC food tour around Lisbon, which is perhaps the most beautiful city in Europe.
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg, shows you step by step how to make roses of Egypt (rosas do Egito).
Chef Keoni Chang shares this Hawaiian style Portuguese sweet bread French toast recipe that's an irresistible local breakfast favorite!
On this video Tia Maria shows you how to make Portuguese arroz doce (rice pudding) step by step.
On this video, Michael Santos shows you how to make Portuguese bean and pork stew (Feijoada à Transmontana), and it includes te written recipe.
Linguiça is a type of Portuguese smoke-cured pork sausage seasoned with garlic and paprika, popular in Portugal, Brazil, and other Lusophone countries.