This Portuguese quick peanut cake recipe (receita de bolo rápido de amendoim) is delicious and easy to make.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Cake:2 and 1/2 cups of roasted peanuts without the skin1 cup of sugar2 tablespoons of margarine3 egg yolks1/2 cup of milk1 tablespoon of baking powder3 egg whites, beatenIcing:1 cup of bitter chocolate1/4 cup of heavy cream1 teaspoon of brandy Get Portuguese ingredients
- To prepare the cake:
- In a blender, blend the peanuts until it forms into a powder.
- Put in a bowl and add the sugar, margarine, egg yolks, milk and baking powder.
- Mix in the beaten egg whites and pour it into a medium rectangular cake form, greased with margarine.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C or 390°F for 40 minutes.
- Let it cool a little and unmold.
- To prepare the Icing:
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath or in the microwave.
- Stir in the cream and brandy.
- Leave in the refrigerator until it begins to harden.
- Beat in the mixer until smooth.
- Cover the cake with it and garnish with peanuts.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Watch this video to learn how to make Portuguese fried fava beans step by step with Nancy.
In this video we go on a day trip from Lisbon to visit the beautiful Sintra to explore the magical palaces there.
This video shows you some great golden sand beaches in Portimão, Algarve.