The delicious combination of pudding and cake make this Portuguese pudding cake recipe a great sweet treat.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Pudding:2 cups of milk3 tablespoons of sugar4 eggsVanilla extract (to taste)Cake:6 eggs1 and 1/2 cups of sugar1 and 1/2 cups of flour2 teaspoons of baking powderZest from 1 lemonLiquid caramel (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
For the pudding:
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and add the vanilla. the milk, beat some more and set aside.
For the cake:
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar, add the lemon zest and beat some more.
- Beat the egg whites and add to the previous yolks preparation alternating with the flour and baking powder.
- Spread the liquid caramel all over a cake form.
- Pour the pudding preparation into the bottom of the form and top it off with the cake batter.
- Bake for about 30 minutes in a water bath.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Watch this step by step video from Nancy to learn how to make moist apple cinnamon cake (bolo de maçã com canela úmido).
How to cook Portuguese mussels, this dish is very delicious and so easy to make !
Angela Castro - The Olive Branch shows you how to make Portuguese coscorões on this step by step video.