Portuguese Pudding Cake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
For the pudding:
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and add the vanilla. the milk, beat some more and set aside.
For the cake:
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar, add the lemon zest and beat some more.
- Beat the egg whites and add to the previous yolks preparation alternating with the flour and baking powder.
- Spread the liquid caramel all over a cake form.
- Pour the pudding preparation into the bottom of the form and top it off with the cake batter.
- Bake for about 30 minutes in a water bath.
You Might Also Like These