Portuguese Yellow Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesTue, Jan 2, 2018
4 out of 5 with 10 ratings
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Mix the butter or margarine very well with the sugar until it's creamy.
- Add the egg yolks and beat a little more.
- Add the 4 tablespoons of hot milk and then the cornmeal mixed with the baking powder.
- Add the remaining milk and stir well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and mix it into the preparation gently without beating.
- Pour the dough into a cake form well greased with margarine and dusted with flour.
- Bake it for about 40 minutes or until it's done, do the toothpick test to make sure it's cooked.