This Portuguese yellow cake recipe (receita de bolo amarelo) is very easy to make and delicious.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 eggs1 cup of butter or margarine1 teaspoon full of baking powder1 and 1/2 cups of cornmeal1 and 1/2 cups of sugar6 tablespoons of hot milk Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Mix the butter or margarine very well with the sugar until it's creamy.
- Add the egg yolks and beat a little more.
- Add the 4 tablespoons of hot milk and then the cornmeal mixed with the baking powder.
- Add the remaining milk and stir well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and mix it into the preparation gently without beating.
- Pour the dough into a cake form well greased with margarine and dusted with flour.
- Bake it for about 40 minutes or until it's done, do the toothpick test to make sure it's cooked.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
These top 5 most popular Portuguese drink recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca are rated by amount of views.
The best pumpkin pie , Thanksgiving dessert, see our secrets for a crisp crust and the best pumpkin pie filling!
Here is a list of the top 5 most popular Portuguese soup recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.