This Portuguese chocolate and coffee cake recipe (receita de bolo de chocolate com café) makes a moist and delicious cake.
|1 h 5 min
|Level of Difficulty
Dough:3/4 cup of milk chocolate1 cup of butter1 cup of sugar5 eggs1 cup of flour5 tablespoons of coffee liqueurIcing:1/2 cup of milk chocolate1/2 cup of heavy cream2 tablespoons of coffee liqueurGarnish:Heavy cream beaten with sugar (to taste) Chopped toasted almonds (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350180°F.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave with the butter remove and add the coffee liqueur.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until they form a foam, add the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Finally, add the flour.
- Pour the dough into a round bottom cake form (about 22cm in diameter), lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes (do the toothpick test to see if it's ready).
- Unmold either while warm or cold.
- Bring the chocolate and cream to a boil until the chocolate melts (keep stirring).
- Add the coffee liqueur and stir until smooth, remove and let it cool until it thickens, before pouring it over the cake.
- When the cake is cold, pour the lukewarm chocolate over the top of the cake and decorate it with the almonds.
- Serve with the cream on the side.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
The Azores, Portugal are perfect for outdoor adventure. From flying to the Azores to exploring the beaches and hiking in the lush, crater lake dotted landscapes.
Watch this video to find out the 10 best places to retire in Portugal.
Our Lady of Fátima, formally known as Our Lady of the Holy Rosary of Fátima, is a Catholic title of the Blessed Virgin Mary based on the Marian apparitions reported in 1917 by three shepherd children at the Cova da...