Portuguese Chocolate & Coffee Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesWed, Jan 3, 2018
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
Dough:3/4 cup of milk chocolate1 cup of butter1 cup of sugar5 eggs1 cup of flour5 tablespoons of coffee liqueurIcing:1/2 cup of milk chocolate1/2 cup of heavy cream2 2 tablespoons of coffee liqueurGarnish:Heavy cream beaten with sugar (to taste) Chopped toasted almonds (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350180°F.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave with the butter remove and add the coffee liqueur.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until they form a foam, add the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Finally, add the flour.
- Pour the dough into a round bottom cake form (about 22cm in diameter), lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes (do the toothpick test to see if it's ready).
- Unmold either while warm or cold.
- Bring the chocolate and cream to a boil until the chocolate melts (keep stirring).
- Add the coffee liqueur and stir until smooth, remove and let it cool until it thickens, before pouring it over the cake.
- When the cake is cold, pour the lukewarm chocolate over the top of the cake and decorate it with the almonds.
- Serve with the cream on the side.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!