Portuguese Style Clams & Shrimp with Tomato Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesThu, Jan 4, 2018
5 out of 5 with 6 ratings
Views: 25482 - Comments 0
1 kg of clams (fresh or frozen)Shrimp (to taste)3 tomatoes1 bay Leaf1 garlic clove, chopped1 medium onion, choppedPiri-piri sauce (to taste)1/2 red pepper, chopped1 chili pepper3/4 cup of olive oil3/4 cup of white wineParsley and coriander, chopped (to taste)Salt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat a pot with the olive oil, add the garlic, onion, red pepper and bay leaf.
- Let it cook a little then add the white wine and let it evaporate a little.
- Chop the tomatoes and place them in the pot, season with salt and pepper, pour a few drops of piri-piri sauce and chili pepper.
- Let it cook for about 3 to 5 minutes then add the clams and shrimp.
- Add a little water to cover everything if necessary while stirring.
- Cover the pot with a lid and let it cook for about 10 minutes to allow the clams to open.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and coriander.
- Serve with bread.
Recipe & Photo Credit: cozinhadazana.blogspot.pt