- Preheat oven to 350°F.Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy in texture.
- Add the eggs, lemon zest and juice and mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, stirring until combined.
- If dough seems dry or flakey, knead slightly.
- Scoop up ping-pong ball sized dollops of dough.
- Roll between your hands to form a 5-inch long "snake", even throughout the length.
- Brings ends of the "snake" together, slightly folding one end over the other, to form a donut-shape with a small hole in the middle.
- Place cookies 1-2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let rest on baking sheet 2 minutes before transferring to rack to cool.
Please Leave a Comment
Hi Jena, thank you for the new year's well wishes, I hope the same to you and family. This is the only thing I can think of, but it does have sugar, you can always leave the sugar out and add a little more flour: https://portugueserecipes.ca/recipe/10/10/Gorete-s-Portuguese-Dry-Rings-Rosquilbas-Secas-Recipe, are these it?