Portuguese Chicken Rice Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Poultry
Jan 5, 2018
3 out of 5 with 8 ratings
1 small cooked chickenBacon (to taste)1 cup of rice2 cups of water1 red pepper1 onion2 garlic clovesolive oil (to taste)1 Portuguese sausageCheese (to taste)1 bay leafSalt and pepper (to taste)Parsley (to taste)
- Cook the chicken with 3/4 of the sausage in enough water and set aside.
- In a pot, put a generous amount of olive oil, add a few chopped bacon bits, the onion and let it cook, when the onion is translucent, add the chopped garlic, bay leaf, grated carrot and pepper.
- Sauté for a few minutes then add the cooked and shredded chicken and the cooked sausage cut into small pieces.
- Add a good amount of the broth/water you used to cook the chicken and sausage in, when it boils, add the rice.
- Stir and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.
- When the rice is almost cooked (about 15 minutes), transfer everything to a baking dish.
- Place the uncooked sausage (1/4) cut into slices on top and cover with cheese.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and bake until the cheese is golden brown (15 to 20 minutes).
You Might Also Like These