Portuguese Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Posted in: Cookies
Sat, Jan 6, 2018, 11:44, 6 Months ago
0 out of 5 with ratings
4 ounces of culinary/cooking chocolate1 and 1/4 cups of flour2 tablespoons of cocoa powder1 teaspoon of baking soda1/2 teaspoon of salt1/2 cup of softened butter5 tablespoons of brown sugar3 and 1/2 tablespoons of white sugar1 teaspoon of vanilla extract1 egg1 cup of chocolate broken into small pieces
Get these Ingredients at Amazon.com
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Melt the 1/2 cup of culinary chocolate.
- Put the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
- Beat the sugar and butter in another bowl, add the melted chocolate and beat well.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg and add the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa and baking soda), finally add the chocolate nuggets.
- Make little balls with your hands and place them in pre-greased with olive oil baking tray (DO NOT spread the balls because they will melt by themselves and keep some distance between them in the tray).
- Bake them in the oven for about 18 minutes.
- They will still be a bit soft, but will stiffen when cooling.
- Allow to cool before storing or serving.