Portuguese Shrimp Patties Recipe
- Bring the shrimp to a boil in about 1 liter of water and season with salt.
- Let it cook for about 3 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp and reserve/put aside the broth.
- Peel the shrimp and chop about 10 of them.
- In a pan, heat the margarine with the onion and stir until the onion begins to brown.
- Add the flour, stir well and add the shrimp broth and milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- Then add the tomato paste and chopped shrimp.
- Season with a few drops of lemon, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add the remaining shrimp and chopped parsley.
- When bubbling, remove and allow it to cool.
- In a pan, heat the water, margarine, lemon peel and salt.
- When it is boiling remove the lemon peel, add the flour, stir until it doesn't stick to the pan and remove from the heat.
- Place the dough on a workbench sprinkled with flour and let it cool slightly.
- After cooling slightly, use the dough roller to extend it thinly.
Making the Patties:
- In half of the dough, spread spoonfulls of the filling on top.
- Fold the dough over it and cut the patties with the help of a glass cup.
- Pass them through the beaten eggs and breadcrumbs and fry them in hot oil.
- Once fried, place them in paper towels.
You Might Also Like These