Portuguese Cod Casserole with Cabbage Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Jan 9, 2018
4 out of 5 with 10 ratings
4 to 5 cod pieces, about 1lbPotatoes (to taste) (enough to cover the bottom of the baking dish)Half of a small cabbage1 red pepper4 onions2 garlic cloves1 cup of olive oil2 tablespoons of vinegar1 bay leaf2 boiled eggsSalt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook the cod and the eggs with the bay leaf, then place it aside, when cool, shred the cod with your hands.
- Wash the cabbage, cut into pieces and bring to a boil in water seasoned with salt, once cooked, drain it and set aside.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into thick slices and cook them, but don't let them over cook so they don't stick together.
- In a frying pan, sauté the onions in olive oil cut into half moons, the garlic (chopped) and the red pepper cut into strips.
- When the onion is golden brown, add the vinegar, salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- On a baking dish or pyrex, place a layer of potato slices, then cabbage, the shredded cod and then the onion mixture (without olive oil), add the eggs cut into slices and then
- pour the olive oil over everything and bake at 200°C or 400°F until everything is hot.
You Might Also Like These