Portuguese Walnut & Cinnamon Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Thu, Jan 11, 2018, 20:14, 6 Months ago
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
Cake:6 eggs1/2 cup of brown sugar1/4 cup of honey1/4 cup of butter1 and 1/2 cups of ground walnuts1 cup of flour1 teaspoon of baking powder1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder1 tablespoon of fennelIcing:3/4 cup of brown sugar1/3 cup of butter3/4 cup of heavy cream1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
Get these Ingredients at Amazon.com
For the cake:
- In a bowl, beat the brown sugar with the honey and the butter until it turns into a cream.
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites and add the egg yolks to the previous cream and beat until a fluffy cream is obtained.
- Add the ground walnut, the flour, the baking powder, the cinnamon and the fennel. Mix well but don't beat.
- Beat the egg whites and incorporate them gently into the previous preparation. Pour the dough into a pre-greased, rounded paper-lined form and bake for approximately 30 minutes at 180°C or 350°F or until it's baked (do the toothpick test).
- Let it cool, unmold and place it on a serving plate.
For the icing:
- In a saucepan, heat all the ingredients, stirring constantly with a whisk until it boils and the butter melts.
- Remove it from the heat and allow it to cool completely before pouring it over the cake.