Portuguese Holy Ghost Soup Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Soups / Stews
Jan 15, 2018
3 out of 5 with 38 ratings
4 lb. beef pot roast, cut into 3 pieces6 garlic cloves1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion1/2 cup chopped parsley8 cups cold water1 teaspoon pepper1 tablespoon salt1 teaspoon allspice1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds2 bay leaves1 tablespoon wine vinegar1 head green cabbage, cored and quartered1 loaf Portuguese bread, cut into 1 inch slices15 whole fresh mint leaves
- Combine all of the ingredients except the water, mint, cabbage, and bread in a large stock pot.
- Now cover the ingredients with the 8 cups water. Let it boil for about an hour until the meat is tender.
- Now add the cabbage to the pot.
- Let the pot simmer on medium to low heat for about half an hour until the cabbage has been cooked.
- Once the ingredients in the stock pot are done cooking, cover the bottom of large, shallow serving dish with the bread slices.
- Lay the mint leaves on top of the bread slices.
- Ladle the content from the stock pot equally on top of the bread and serve while hot.
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These