Portuguese Holy Ghost Soup Recipe
- Combine all of the ingredients except the water, mint, cabbage, and bread in a large stock pot.
- Now cover the ingredients with the 8 cups water. Let it boil for about an hour until the meat is tender.
- Now add the cabbage to the pot.
- Let the pot simmer on medium to low heat for about half an hour until the cabbage has been cooked.
- Once the ingredients in the stock pot are done cooking, cover the bottom of large, shallow serving dish with the bread slices.
- Lay the mint leaves on top of the bread slices.
- Ladle the content from the stock pot equally on top of the bread and serve while hot.
You Might Also Like These