These Portuguese carrot and orange cupcakes (queques de cenoura e laranja) make a delicious snack at any time.
1 lb of peeled carrots1 and 2/3 cups of flour1 cup of sugar2 tablespoons of softened butter3 eggs1 orange, juice and zest1 teaspoon of baking powderGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Cut the carrots into small pieces and cook them in a pot with hot water for 20 minutes.
- Drain and puree the carrots.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF and grease the cupcake forms/cups.
- In a bowl, beat the butter with the sugar, add the eggs one by one and beat well.
- Add the juice and the zest of the orange, add the carrot, flour and baking powder and beat everything very well.
- Divide the mixture into the cupcake cups and bake for 20 minutes.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
There are no comments for this recipe.