These Portuguese carrot and orange cupcakes (queques de cenoura e laranja) make a delicious snack at any time.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 lb of peeled carrots1 and 2/3 cups of flour1 cup of sugar2 tablespoons of softened butter3 eggs1 orange, juice and zest1 teaspoon of baking powder Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the carrots into small pieces and cook them in a pot with hot water for 20 minutes.
- Drain and puree the carrots.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF and grease the cupcake forms/cups.
- In a bowl, beat the butter with the sugar, add the eggs one by one and beat well.
- Add the juice and the zest of the orange, add the carrot, flour and baking powder and beat everything very well.
- Divide the mixture into the cupcake cups and bake for 20 minutes.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Chef Keoni Chang shares this Hawaiian style Portuguese sweet bread French toast recipe that's an irresistible local breakfast favorite!
Sete Cidades is the most beautiful place in the Azores. This volcanic crater with its luminescent green and blue lakes is absolutely stunning and a must-visit during your trip.
Santa Cruz beach covers an extended stretch of sand. The purity of both the waters and sands here comes in addition to the surrounding picturesque landscapes and ensure that Santa Cruz is a highly popular tourist...
Angela Castro - The Olive Branch shows you how to make Portuguese coscorões on this step by step video.
Authentic Portuguese cataplana recipe. Cataplana is a traditional Portuguese seafood stew cooked in a copper or aluminum clam-shaped pot, also called a cataplana.
Thanksgiving Day, annual national holiday in the United States and Canada celebrating the harvest and other blessings of the past year.