This incredibly delicious and moist Portuguese banana caramelized cake (bolo de banana caramelizado) will leave you craving for more.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Cake:3/4 cup of unsalted butter3/4 cup of sugar1 cup of flour1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract3 large eggs1 teaspoon of baking powderA pinch of salt2 tablespoons of milkTopping:1 cup of sugar1/2 cup of boiling water2 ripe bananas Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
Making the cake:
- Beat the butter well with the sugar until it forms a soft cream.
- Add one egg at a time while continuing to beat, add the pinch of salt, the vanilla extract and gradually add the flour with the baking powder, then the milk.
Making the Topping:
- Melt the sugar completely. Pour the boiling water and mix well until there are no clumps.
- Pour the syrup into a rectangular cake form greased with oil.
- Arrange the sliced ??bananas side by side over the syrup then add the cake dough over it.
- Bake for approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
- Unmold while still warm.