Portuguese Fava Beans Stew Recipe
Posted in: Soups / Stews
Oct 14, 2015
4 out of 5 with 65 ratings
5 tablespoons olive oil3 large onions, chopped 2 cloves garlic, minced 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes1/4 cup tomato sauce 2 cups hot water 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsleySalt to taste1/2 teaspoon black pepper2 teaspoons paprika 2 (19 ounce) cans fava beans1 Portuguese sausage (chourico) sliced
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic until golden brown.
- Stir in red pepper flakes, tomato sauce, hot water, parsley, salt, pepper, paprika and sausage, let it cook/boil for 10 to 15 minutes, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Gently stir in fava beans.
- Remove from heat and let stand for several minutes to allow flavors to meld.