Portuguese Pineapple & Cinnamon Cupcakes Recipe
Posted in: Snacks
Jan 26, 2018
3 out of 5 with 5 ratings
2 and 1/3 cups of flour1 and 1/4 cups of sugar1/2 cup of corn starch1/2 cup of butter4 slices of pineapple3/4 cup of pineapple juice3 eggs2 teaspoons of baking powder1 teaspoon of ground cinnamonMargarine for greasingFlour for sprinklingPowdered sugar for sprinklingCinnamon powder for sprinkling
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Grease cupcake cups with margarine and sprinkle with flour, place on a tray and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- In a bowl, beat the sugar with the butter and the egg yolks until it is creamy.
- Add the pineapple juice, then the flour with the corn starch, baking powder and cinnamon and beat until smooth.
- Add the three slices of pineapple cut into small pieces and mix well.
- Whisk the egg whites until firm and incorporate them gently into the mixture.
- Distribute the dough in the cups and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cut the remaining slice of pineapple into small pieces, open the oven, add these pieces of pineapple in the center of the muffins and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, allow them to cool slightly, unmold them, allow them to cool completely and serve sprinkled with a little powdered sugar and cinnamon.