This delicious Portuguese bread and tomato soup recipe (receita de sopa de pão e tomate) is a regional dish from Portimão, Portugal.
1 onion2 cloves of garlic1 kg of tomatoes6 tablespoons of olive oil1 liter of water1 lb bread (one day old)4 eggsSalt (to taste)Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Start by peeling the onion and the garlic and then skin the tomatoes, not forgetting to remove the seeds as well.
- Chop the above ingredients into small pieces and place them in a pan, add the olive oil and bring to a boil until it thickens a bit.
- Add the water to the mixture, season with salt, and let it boil for a few more minutes, then poach the eggs in the soup.
- Slice the bread and place it in the serving bowls.
- Put the eggs on top of the bread and pour the soup over it.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
There are no comments for this recipe.