This delicious Portuguese bread and tomato soup recipe (receita de sopa de pão e tomate) is a regional dish from Portimão, Portugal.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 onion2 cloves of garlic1 kg of tomatoes6 tablespoons of olive oil1 liter of water1 lb bread (one day old)4 eggsSalt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Start by peeling the onion and the garlic and then skin the tomatoes, not forgetting to remove the seeds as well.
- Chop the above ingredients into small pieces and place them in a pan, add the olive oil and bring to a boil until it thickens a bit.
- Add the water to the mixture, season with salt, and let it boil for a few more minutes, then poach the eggs in the soup.
- Slice the bread and place it in the serving bowls.
- Put the eggs on top of the bread and pour the soup over it.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On this video Tia Maria shows you how to make Portuguese arroz doce (rice pudding) step by step.
Tomatoes freeze very well, so if you have a large quantity of tomatoes from your garden, this article is for you.
Learn how to make pão de Deus (God's bread) with Michael Santos, it includes the written recipe.