This Portuguese Maria biscuits with coffee cream cake (bolo de bolacha Maria com creme de café) is delicious and makes a great dessert.
|Preparation time||2 h 15 min|
|Ready In||2 h 15 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
2 packs of Maria biscuits, about 400 grams1/2 cup of warm coffee1 and 1/3 cups of softened butter2 cups of sugar2 eggs1 cup of cold coffee (to soak the biscuits) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a bowl beat the butter with the sugar until a homogeneous cream is obtained.
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites, add the yolks to the previous cream and beat very well.
- Gradually add the warm coffee, stirring constantly until a smooth cream is obtained.
- Beat the egg whites until firm and add them to the cream, mixing gently.
- In a cake pan, alternate layers of soaked biscuits in cold coffee and layers of cream.
- The last layer should be cream.
- Refrigerate for a few hours and serve.
This looks like an awsome recipe!!!!
1 year ago, Thursday, March 10, 2022
You might also like:
The Mediterranean diet is considered one of the healthiest in the world. It's based on the traditional eating habits of people in countries such as Greece, Spain, Portugal, France, and Italy.
How to make Portuguese malasada bites, malasadas are delectable and fluffy deep-fried pastries that hold a cherished place in Portuguese culinary culture.
How to make a bolo rei, also known as the Portuguese king cake, a traditional holiday pastry enjoyed in Portugal during the Christmas season and on Epiphany (Dia de Reis) which is celebrated on January 6th.