Serve this delicious Portuguese fried cod with shrimp (bacalhau frito com camarão) with Portuguese fries on the side.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 cod fillets2 eggsFlour (to taste)1 lb of shrimp1/2 red pepper1 ripe tomato2 medium onions2 garlic cloves1 sprig of coriander3/4 cup of white wine1 cup of coconut milk1/2 cup of olive oilSalt (to taste) White pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Chop the onions and the garlic and saute them in the olive oil.
- Clean the tomatoes and remove skins from the tomatoes and potatoes, cut them into pieces and add them to the pan.
- Cut the peppers into cubes and add them to the frying pan as well.
- Add the white wine, add the coriander, season with salt and pepper and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the shrimp, leaving the head and tip of the tail.
- Add the coconut milk, add the shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pass the cod fillets through flour and a beaten egg and fry them.
- After frying, drain them on paper towels.
- Arrange the cod on a platter with the shrimp and sauce on top.
- Serve with Portuguese fries.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On this step by step video, learn how to make an easy and delicious Portuguese fried fish.
Whether you are looking for the best places to visit in Portugal, searching for the best things to do in Portugal right now, or adding to your Portugal bucket list for your future trip, we've got you covered on this...
On this video, Michael Santos shows you how to make Azorean fresh cheese (queijo fresco).