Portuguese Fried Cod with Shrimp Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Feb 5, 2018
4 out of 5 with 6 ratings
4 cod fillets2 eggsFlour (to taste)1 lb of shrimp1/2 red pepper1 ripe tomato2 medium onions2 garlic cloves1 sprig of coriander3/4 cup of white wine1 cup of coconut milk1/2 cup of olive oilSalt (to taste) White pepper (to taste)
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Chop the onions and the garlic and saute them in the olive oil.
- Clean the tomatoes and remove skins from the tomatoes and potatoes, cut them into pieces and add them to the pan.
- Cut the peppers into cubes and add them to the frying pan as well.
- Add the white wine, add the coriander, season with salt and pepper and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the shrimp, leaving the head and tip of the tail.
- Add the coconut milk, add the shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pass the cod fillets through flour and a beaten egg and fry them.
- After frying, drain them on paper towels.
- Arrange the cod on a platter with the shrimp and sauce on top.
- Serve with Portuguese fries.