Portuguese Style Burgers with Chouriço Recipe
Posted in: Beef
Feb 7, 2018
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
1 lb of ground beef1 tablespoon of garlic powder½ tablespoon of paprikaSea salt and fresh ground pepper (to taste)2 tablespoons of olive oil1/4 of a small Portuguese chouriço, chopped4 garlic cloves, sliced1 cup of Portuguese Vinho Verde or your favorite white wine1/4 of a small Portuguese chouriço, sliced thin2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped3 bay leaves2 tablespoons of butter4 eggs4 pieces of crusty breadSea salt and fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- To prepare the patties, divide beef into 4 portions, lightly shaping each into a ½-inch-thick patty.
- Sprinkle evenly with garlic powder, paprika, and sea salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Brush the burgers with olive oil.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with remainder of olive oil.
- Add patties; cook 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Add the garlic and chopped chouriço.
- Saute until they start popping but be careful not to burn.
- Add the wine and bring to a simmer.
- Add the additional sliced chouriço, parsley and bay leaves.
- Once sauce is reduced in half, remove bay leaf and add the butter.
- Simmer on low while frying the eggs sunny side up in a separate frying pan.
- Remove the eggs and place one on top of each Burger.
- Spoon some of the sauce with the chouriço over the eggs.
- Toast 4 slices of crusty bread and place the burger and than the egg over a slice of the crusty bread and add more sauce and chouriço over the top.
- Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste and garnish with additional parsley.
You Might Also Like These