This refreshing Portuguese simple lime mousse recipe (receita fácil de mousse de lima) makes the perfect dessert.
1 and 1/2 packs of Maria biscuits (about 300g)2 and 1/2 cups of condensed milk1/2 teaspoon of lime juice1 and 1/4 cups of heavy cream1 sachet of gelatin powder without flavor (about 2 and 1/2 teaspoons)3 egg whites, beatenSliced lime to decorateGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- In the blender, mash the biscuits and put aside.
- Blend the condensed milk, lime juice, heavy cream and gelatin (prepared according to the package instructions) until creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl, and gently mix in the beaten egg whites.
- In a tall bowl, insert a layer of lime mousse, than a layer of mashed biscuits and than another layer of mousse.
- Garnish with lime wedges and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
Would it be possible to freeze this dessert?
3 months ago, Wednesday, May 11, 2022
This is a really good mousse alternative, just need to be more clear on the amount of gelatin needed. My first try turned out too jelly-like. I used the sheets and followed the instructions per amount of liquid....thoughts?
7 months ago, Thursday, January 6, 2022