Portuguese Simple Lime Mousse Recipe
Posted in: Desserts
Feb 9, 2018
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
1 and 1/2 packs of Maria biscuits (about 300g)2 and 1/2 cups of condensed milk1/2 teaspoon of lime juice1 and 1/4 cups of heavy cream1 sachet of gelatin powder without flavor3 egg whitesSliced lime to decorateGet these ingredients now
- In the blender, mash the biscuits and put aside.
- Blend the condensed milk, lime juice, heavy cream and gelatin (prepared according to the package instructions) until creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl, and gently mix in the egg whites.
- In a tall bowl, insert a layer of lemon mousse, than a layer of mashed biscuits and than another layer of mousse.
- Garnish with lime wedges and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.