Portuguese Cod with Spinach Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Feb 11, 2018
3 out of 5 with 10 ratings
3 thick cod slices1 kg of whole peeled potatoes1 lb of spinach leaves1 and 3/4 cups of bechamel (white sauce)Salt and pepper (to taste)
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Cook the whole potatoes together with cod slices.
- Remove the cod when it is cooked and finish cooking the potatoes.
- Using your hands, shred the cod into small pieces, remove the skin and any bones.
- Cook the spinach and drain well.
- In a baking dish place a thin layer of spinach, a layer of cooked potatoes cut into thick slices, a layer of cod, another layer of potatoes and the last layer with the remaining spinach.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with the bechamel sauce and bake it in a preheated oven at 180°C or 350°F until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.