This Portuguese cod with spinach recipe (receita de bacalhau com espinafres) is delicious and very easy to make.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
3 thick cod slices1 kg of whole peeled potatoes1 lb of spinach leaves1 and 3/4 cups of bechamel (white sauce)Salt and pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cook the whole potatoes together with cod slices.
- Remove the cod when it is cooked and finish cooking the potatoes.
- Using your hands, shred the cod into small pieces, remove the skin and any bones.
- Cook the spinach and drain well.
- In a baking dish place a thin layer of spinach, a layer of cooked potatoes cut into thick slices, a layer of cod, another layer of potatoes and the last layer with the remaining spinach.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with the bechamel sauce and bake it in a preheated oven at 180°C or 350°F until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Cozido (boiled meal) cooked by the steam of the volcano in Furnas, Azores, Portugal.
Trying the local and most authentic foods when you travel should always be a top priority! It's one of the best ways to experience local culture. Today, I got to try the very best local cuisine Madeira has to offer.
This video shows you some great golden sand beaches in Portimão, Algarve.