This carrot and cinnamon cake (bolo de cenoura e canela) is great as a snack or dessert.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h|
|Ready In||1 h 15 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Dough:5 eggs2 cups of sugar1 lemon (zest)3/4 cup of oil2 large carrots1 teaspoon of baking powder2 cups of flourButter (to taste), for greasing cake panFlour (to taste), for dusting cake panChopped toasted almonds (to taste)Topping:2 and ½ cups of grated carrots1 and ¼ cups of sugar2 lemon peels1 cinnamon stick Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Grease a 24cm in diameter cake pan with the butter, line the bottom with parchment paper, and dust it with flour.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar, stir in the lemon zest, oil and grated carrots.
- Add the baking powder to the flour and add to the batter and beat well.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- Prepare the topping:
- Peel the carrots and cook them in water.
- Drain the carrots and turn them into a puree.
- Heat the carrots with the sugar, the lemon peels and the cinnamon stick.
- Let it simmer until it turns translucent.
- Let it cool, remove the lemon peel and cinnamon stick.
- Once the cake is cool, cover it with the carrot topping and garnish it with the chopped toasted almonds.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On this video, Michael Santos shows you how to make the delicious and popular, pão-de-ló (Portuguese sponge cake).
How to make Portuguese malasada bites, malasadas are delectable and fluffy deep-fried pastries that hold a cherished place in Portuguese culinary culture.
Is French toast and rabanadas (Portuguese version) the same and who came up with it first, the French or the Portuguese?
This Portuguese torresmos brancos (fried pork belly) is quite simple and all you need is three ingredients: water, coarse sea salt and thickly cut pork belly pieces.
Lisbon is one of Europes most historic and up and coming cities, and with new chefs, both local and international, making waves in modern Portuguese cuisine, here ere are some suggestions for restaurants to try...
The Azores, Portugal are perfect for outdoor adventure. From flying to the Azores to exploring the beaches and hiking in the lush, crater lake dotted landscapes.