Azorean Beans (Feijoada) Recipe
- If using fresh beans, soak overnight in 2-3 cups of water with the 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- The next day, in a saucepan, cook the beans in the same water on medium heat along with one unsliced onion.
- Once the beans are cooked, place them along with the cooked onion in a bowl. Reserve the cooking water and set it aside as well.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, saute the pork loin (sliced and cubed), in a little olive oil and set it aside once it has browned.
- Finely slice the other onion and saute it in the frying pan with the tablespoon of butter along with the garlic, until golden brown.
- Add the paprika (to taste), tomato paste, salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Place the meat back in the pan and add the sliced chourico sausages, stiring well. Cook until done, about 15 minutes on medium to high heat, adding a little water to the beans to avoid sticking.
- Add the beans and onion that were set aside and a little more water if needed, as well as the chicken stock cube and stir it well.
- Cook until the beans take on the flavor of the meat and the sauce is thick.
- Once it is done, pour into a large bowl and serve while hot.
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These