This Portuguese Braga style cod recipe (receita de bacalhau à Braga) is easy to prepare, serve with a mixed salad.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 cod loins, presoaked3 onions4 cloves of garlic1/2 green pepper1/2 red pepper2 bay leaves1 tablespoon of vinegar1 ripe tomatoSalt (to taste)olive oil (to taste)Ground pepper (to taste)Potatoes (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat the cod in a pan with water, when the water boils, turn off the heat and leave it in the water for 5 minutes.
- Remove and dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat a frying pan with plenty of olive oil, add the bay leaves and two whole cloves of garlic.
- When the olive oil is hot, add the cod and let it fry.
- Once it's done, remove and place it in a serving dish and set aside (place it in the oven to keep it warm).
- Meanwhile, cut the onions and the other 2 garlic cloves in slices and place in the frying pan where you fried the cod and remove the 2 whole garlic cloves and the bay leaves.
- Add the peppers cut in strips and the tomato cut in pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the vinegar and cook until the onion is cooked.
- Fry the potatoes cut into thick slices and place them around the cod.
- Top with the onion mix and serve with a salad.
You might also like:
What is broa de milho (Portuguese cornbread)? The usual ingredients for this traditional Portuguese cornbread are cornmeal, wheat flour, water, and salt.
A Top 10 count down from the archives of all of Jamie's classic food tricks and tips to make you a ninja in the Kitchen.
Michael Santos shows you how to make and gives you a little history on Portuguese tempura (peixinhos da horta) with a few twists.