Portuguese Braga Style Cod Recipe
- Heat the cod in a pan with water, when the water boils, turn off the heat and leave it in the water for 5 minutes.
- Remove and dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat a frying pan with plenty of olive oil, add the bay leaves and two whole cloves of garlic.
- When the olive oil is hot, add the cod and let it fry.
- Once it's done, remove and place it in a serving dish and set aside (place it in the oven to keep it warm).
- Meanwhile, cut the onions and the other 2 garlic cloves in slices and place in the frying pan where you fried the cod and remove the 2 whole garlic cloves and the bay leaves.
- Add the peppers cut in strips and the tomato cut in pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the vinegar and cook until the onion is cooked.
- Fry the potatoes cut into thick slices and place them around the cod.
- Top with the onion mix and serve with a salad.
You Might Also Like These