Portuguese Honey & Walnut Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Feb 19, 2018
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
Cake:1 and 1/2 cups of flour3/4 cup of brown sugar1 cup of margarine2 tablespoons of honey3 eggs1 teaspoon of baking powder1 pinch of salt1 natural yogurt (about 125 grams)1 teaspoon of vanilla extract¾ cup of walnutsTopping:1 tablespoon of honey1/4 cup of water Get these ingredients & more
- Beat the sugar with the margarine until you get a fluffy cream.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and the honey.
- Next, add the flour, salt and baking powder and mix everything well, than add the yogurt.
- Finally add the walnuts in small pieces and mix everything very well.
- Bake at 170°C or 340°F for about 45 minutes.
- When the cake is ready, leave it inside the oven while you prepare the topping.
- Boil the honey and water for 5 to 10 minutes and when it starts to thicken, it is ready.
- Take the cake out of the oven and pour the topping over the cake while it is still in the form and then let it cool.
You Might Also Like These