Portuguese Almond & Yolk Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesTue, Feb 20, 2018
4 out of 5 with 7 ratings
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Melt the margarine in the microwave and beat it with the sugar, add the egg yolks one by one, always beating until it gets very creamy.
- Add the baking powder, beat it lightly, just to mix it in the dough.
- Beat the egg whites until firm, and mix it in the egg yolk as well as the ground almonds, alternate between the ground almonds and the egg whites, but stir it gently between each addition.
- Grease a cake pan with margarine, sprinkle it with flour and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Try not to bake it for to long, so it stays moist.
- Heat a pan with all the ingredients and mix well, bring to a boil until it gets thick.
- Once the cake cools a little, spread the topping over the top of the cake.