This amazing and moist Portuguese almond & yolk cake (bolo de amendoa) takes no time to make and makes a great dessert.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Cake:4 egg yolks4 egg whites1 and ½ cups of ground almonds1 and ¼ cups of sugar1/2 cup of butter1 teaspoon of baking powderTopping:4 yolks1 cup of sugar1 cup of milk Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Melt the margarine in the microwave and beat it with the sugar, add the egg yolks one by one, always beating until it gets very creamy.
- Add the baking powder, beat it lightly, just to mix it in the dough.
- Beat the egg whites until firm, and mix it in the egg yolk as well as the ground almonds, alternate between the ground almonds and the egg whites, but stir it gently between each addition.
- Grease a cake pan with margarine, sprinkle it with flour and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Try not to bake it for to long, so it stays moist.
- Heat a pan with all the ingredients and mix well, bring to a boil until it gets thick.
- Once the cake cools a little, spread the topping over the top of the cake.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Ponta Delgada, Portuguese for 'thin point', is the largest municipality and administrative capital of the Autonomous Region of the Azores in Portugal located on the south coast of São Miguel Island, the largest and...
Thanksgiving Day, annual national holiday in the United States and Canada celebrating the harvest and other blessings of the past year.
On this video, Tia Maria from Tia Maria's Blog, shows you hot to make a delicious Portuguese kale soup (sopa de couve com chouriço).