|Preparation time||2 h 15 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||2 h 35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Moderate|
- Place the flour in a dough mixer bowl, add the yeast, lemon zest, sugar, butter, salt and eggs.
- Add the milk and water and beat until everything is well mixed.
- Put the dough on the counter and knead for about 8 minutes.
- Form a ball and put in a bowl, cover with cling wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces, shape them into balls and arrange them in a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Cover with a clean cloth and let rise for another 45 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the grated coconut, sugar, flour, vanilla extract and eggs, mix with a wooden spoon and set aside.
- Dissolve the 1 egg yolk in a tablespoon of water and brush the buns with the egg wash.
- Add the grated coconut mix over the buns (if necessary make a cross for the topping to adhere better.
- Bake on a preheated oven at 200°C or 390°F for about 20 minutes.
- Once cool, sprinkle them with powdered sugar.
You might also like:
This delicious Portuguese sweet bread recipe (receita de massa sovada) does take some time to make but it is worth the effort.
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
This delicious parsley style garlic bread recipe (receita de pão com alho e salsa) takes only 15 minutes to make.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|