Portuguese Chicken Mozambique Recipe
Posted in: Poultry
Feb 25, 2018
3 out of 5 with 209 ratings
2 tablespoons of olive oil2 pounds of chicken breast, cubed3 tablespoons of butter1 onion, diced1 teaspoon of salt2 tablespoons of garlic, chopped1 teaspoon of lemon juice6 oz of beer2 sazon goya con azafran packets2 tablespoons of piri piri sauce1 teaspoon of cilantro, chopped to garnish2 lemon quarters, to garnish
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- In a large frying pan, sauté the chicken cubes in the olive oil on medium to high heat and season with the teaspoon of salt.
- Once cooked through, remove the chicken and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan along with 1 tablespoon of the butter and stir as it cooks.
- Pour half of a beer, 6 oz, into the pan and stir to deglaze the pan.
- Add the chicken back to the pan along with the piri piri sauce, lemon juice, two packets of sazon goya, and the rest of the butter.
- Let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat while stirring occasionally.
- Once done, remove from the pan and place onto a serving platter.
- Garnish with the chopped cilantro and lemon quarters.
- Serve along with some rice while hot.