This vegetable soup with white beans and spinach (sopa de legumes com feijão branco e espinafres) is healthy and delicious.
|Level of Difficulty
1 large leek cut into thin slices1 lb of carrots cut into pieces1 lb of potatoes cut into pieces1 lb of cooked white beans2 medium carrots cut into cubes1 bunch of spinach washed and cleaned4 tablespoons of olive oilSalt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a pan, place the olive oil and the leek.
- Stir and let it sauté without browning.
- As soon as the leek softens, add the potatoes, the carrots cut into pieces and half of the cooked white beans.
- Season with salt and add enough water to cover everything (about 2 liters).
- Stir, cover and cook on medium heat for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes and when the vegetables are cooked, puree everything until it is creamy.
- Add 1 liter of water and bring to a boil.
- Once it boils, add the diced carrots, spinach, and the remaining of the white beans.
- Stir and cook for about 10 minutes and check the salt.
- After 10 minutes and when the carrots are tender, remove from the heat and serve.
A really lovely tasty soup, made it quite often. Although l do add a veg and chicken stock cube…
1 year ago, Sunday, January 15, 2023
You might also like:
These 5 affordable last minute kitchen gift ideas are available on both Amazon US and Amazon Canada, you will be redirected to whichever country you are from when clicking on a item.
Pedro shows you how to make Portuguese piri piri chicken from scratch on this video.
Watch this video to learn about Portuguese Christmas traditions and foods for this special time of the year.