Vegetable Soup with Spinach Recipe
Posted in: Soup RecipesSun, Mar 4, 2018
4 out of 5 with 47 ratings
Views: 57725 - Comments 3
1 large leek cut into thin slices1 lb of carrots cut into pieces1 lb of potatoes cut into pieces1 lb of cooked white beans2 medium carrots cut into cubes1 bunch of spinach washed and cleaned4 tablespoons of olive oilSalt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a pan, place the olive oil and the leek.
- Stir and let it sauté without browning.
- As soon as the leek softens, add the potatoes, the carrots cut into pieces and half of the cooked white beans.
- Season with salt and add enough water to cover everything (about 2 liters).
- Stir, cover and cook on medium heat for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes and when the vegetables are cooked, puree everything until it is creamy.
- Add 1 liter of water and bring to a boil.
- Once it boils, add the diced carrots, spinach, and the remaining of the white beans.
- Stir and cook for about 10 minutes and check the salt.
- After 10 minutes and when the carrots are tender, remove from the heat and serve.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Neuza Costa, saborintenso.com
Julie Mason - 2 Months ago
A really lovely tasty soup, made it quite often. Although l do add a veg and chicken stock cube…
[reply] (+0) (-0)