Portuguese Anise Sweet Bread Recipe
Posted in: Bread RecipesWed, Mar 7, 2018
4 out of 5 with 14 ratings
- In food processor, combine flour, sugar, milk, egg, margarine or butter, baking powder, anise and cinnamon.
- Process until well combined and pour the mixture into a greased 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in the centre of a preheated oven at 190°C or 375°F oven until a toothpick comes out clean, about 45 to 55 minutes.
- Let the bread cool for about 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature.