Portuguese Anise Sweet Bread Recipe
Posted in: Breads / Rolls
Mar 7, 2018
4 out of 5 with 9 ratings
2 cups of all-purpose flour1 cup of sugar1 cup of 2% milk1 large egg1 1/2 tsp of margarine or unsalted butter1 1/2 tsp of baking powder1/2 tsp of anise seed1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- In food processor, combine flour, sugar, milk, egg, margarine or butter, baking powder, anise and cinnamon.
- Process until well combined and pour the mixture into a greased 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in the centre of a preheated oven at 190°C or 375°F oven until a toothpick comes out clean, about 45 to 55 minutes.
- Let the bread cool for about 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature.