Portuguese Style Pasta with Clams & Chouriço Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 230°C or 450°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the chourico and onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and the chouriço begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cayenne, arrange the clams in the saucepan and add the tomatoes, garlic and 1/4 cup of the basil on top.
- Add the wine and roast in the oven, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir the clams and roast for about 20 minutes longer, or until most of the clams have opened.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and transfer it to a large serving bowl.
- Pour the chouriço clam sauce over the linguine, season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to combine.
- Garnish the linguine with the remaining 1/4 cup of basil, serve and enjoy!
This recipe was inspired by our friends over at Food & Wine Magazine!
You Might Also Like These