Portuguese Cod Empadão with Corn Bread Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesSun, Mar 18, 2018
5 out of 5 with 7 ratings
Views: 17798 - Comments 0
3/4 lb of mashed potatoes2 soaked cod slices/pieces1/2 lb of brocolli sprouts 2 medium onions1/2 corn bread (use only the crumb)1/2 cup of olive oil1 clove of garlic, mincedSalt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Start by cooking the cod along with the 1/2 lb of brocolli sprouts in water.
- Once cooked, drain the water from the brocolli sprouts and cod, remove the skin and shred the cod with your hands removing any bones and put aside.
- Make the mashed poatoes, once done, place half in the bottom of the baking dish and set aside the other half.
- In a frying pan, put half of the olive oil and fry the chopped garlic and the onions cut into slices until transparent, then add the drained brocolli sprouts and the shredded cod.
- Season with a pinch of salt and mix everything very well.
- Now add that mix over the mashed poatoes in the baking dish and top it with the rest of the mashed poatoes.
- In the same frying pan where you fried the onion, put the remaining olive oil, then add the corn bread crumb and mix well and let it fry a little.
- Add the corn bread crumb on top of the mashed potatoes and bake at 200ºC or 390ºF for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the top is toasted.
Recipe & Photo Credit: acozinhadakinhas.blogspot.pt