Portuguese Bean Tart (Pie) Recipe
Posted in: Dessert RecipesTue, Mar 20, 2018
4 out of 5 with 39 ratings
Views: 34352 - Comments 2
3/4 cup of white bean puree1 and 1/2 cups of grated almonds2 eggs7 egg yolks2 cups of sugar1 tablespoon of butter1/2 cup of waterPuff pastry (enough to cover a pie pan) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a bowl, mix the almonds, eggs and yolks with the softened butter and beat well.
- Add the bean puree to the prepared eggs and almonds and mix well.
- In a pot, heat the sugar with the water until it gets very hot but not to a boiling point and pour it slowly into the cream while mixing without stopping.
- Cover the bottom and sides of the pie pan with the puff pastry and pour the cream into it.
- Bake at 180°C or 350°F degrees until it firm but while it is still moist, use a toothpick, if it comes out clean but slight humid its perfect (about 30 minutes).
Recipe & Photo Credit: vamospamesa.blogspot.pt *
Geninha Findlay - 9 Months ago
Eddy all your recepies are wonderful and thank you so much for keep reminding us of how wonderful our Porruguese cuisine is.❤ Bless you and your family always. Take good care.
[reply] (+1) (-0)