Portuguese Chestnut Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesFri, Mar 23, 2018
3 out of 5 with 17 ratings
1 cup of chestnuts, cooked, deshelled and chopped1 cup of sugar1 teaspoon of vanilla extract8 tablespoons of butter1/2 tablespoon of baking powder2 tablespoons of flour1 cup of dark chocolate1 pinch of salt6 eggs * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, the dark chocolate and the sugar. Stir it well as it melts.
- Once it has reached a smooth and even consistency, pour it into a bowl and add the chopped chestnuts, salt, eggs, flour, vanilla extract, and baking powder.
- Stir it well until it is mixed evenly and then pour it into a greased baking mold.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until slightly browned on top.
- Let it cool for about 5 to 10 minutes, remove from the mold and serve.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!