Portuguese Chouriço Stuffing Recipe
Posted in: Pork
Mar 28, 2018
4 out of 5 with 5 ratings
1 onion, chopped3 garlic cloves, chopped1 chouriço sausage, casing removed3 tablespoons butter4 tablespoons olive oilSalt and pepper (to taste)1 teaspoon paprika2 loafs country bread (3 days old), broken apart into pieces4 eggs, beaten1 cup seasoned bread crumbs Get Portuguese ingredients & more This site uses US measurements.
- Saute onions, garlic, and chouriço in a large saucepan on high heat with 3 tablespoons butter and the olive oil, once done, set aside.
- Pour hot water over the bread in a bowl and let it sit for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once it cools down, squeeze out the water from the bread with your hands.
- Add the four beaten eggs and the breadcrumbs to the bread mixture, then add this mixture to the sauce pan with the chouriço.
- Add the paprika and the salt and pepper to taste.
- Let it cook on low heat for approximately 45 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Once done, place the stuffing in a casserole dish and place in a preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes at 200°C or 400°F until the top is well browned.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 45 minutes to an hour before serving.